Thursday, January 3, 2008

FAQ's

How to order?
Please fill in the order/enquiry form. I check the forms submitted regularly, i will try my best to response within 48hrs. Please provide me as much details of the cake required, this will help me to visualize and be more creative in designing your dream cake.
(i'm currently working on a new form, please send your queries/ order details to  fiza@chiquecakes.com )

Can i contact you by phone?
Sorry,  i'm working full-time at home with my kids & household chores, it's not convenient to disscuss with me over the phone. I'll usually find a quiet time in a day to seat comfortably & focus on client's order/enquiry, not in between bakings or house works. This is also to avoid miscommunication/ confusion.

Pricing?
Standard Pricing applies for Tea-treats Selection only. Custom Design Cakes/Cupcakes/Cookies are charged based on the design intricacy, ingredients, tools, skills, labour etc.Weight/ingredients is not the main factor to determine any custom design cake price. It can take hours and up to several days to complete. It needs a lot of creativity, patience & passion.. It's not 'Just Cakes', It's Edible Art Sugarcraft.

"I'd like to order just a small quantity"... "can i mix the flavour..."
Sorry, I  don't bake less than one recipe per order. Single, double or triple recipe requires the same process & effort, from weighing the ingredients to mixing, baking, decorating & cleaning, utility bills etc. I need to set a 'minimum quantity' in order to start 'my engine' , to ensure that it's cost effective. One flavour per recipe only. InsyaAllah, if i own a cake house in future, you could walk-in & purchase any quantity, any flavour :)

Shelf-life
All my products are fresh baked to order & does not contain any preservatives.
For Buttercream cakes, 3-4 days at room temperature, 7-10 days refrigerated (in an airtight container)
Do NOT refrigerate Fondant Cakes, it will 'sweat' and sometimes the colour might bleeds.

When to order?
At least 2 weeks in advance. The earlier the better. No, i don't start baking your cake that early. I need to arrange and plan my order schedule, get all the ingredients/ materials/packaging ready. For sugar artwork and flowers i will have to limit my order intake for that week to give a full focus & concentration. Last minute orders are subject to time restraints & slot availabilty.

Delivery
Available for Selangor & Kuala Lumpur areas only. Charges is based on locations/ address, inclusive of petrol, time to & fro, effort, tols , parking. Subject to availability & my schedule. Unfortunately special delivery can't be made to follow customer's time.
Rates from RM15-RM40
Collection at my place in Puncak Alam is most welcome :)